Without health insurance, many are unable to access the health care they need. The Kentucky Primary Care Association is proud of our long partnership with the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange to help Kentuckians gain access to insurance coverage through the Health Benefit Exchange. By connecting with a certified application Navigator, formerly called an Assister, Kentucky residents can get free application and enrollment assistance and/or education on options and issues affecting applications for both Medicaid, K-CHIP, or Qualified Health Plans through Healthcare.gov.
Our Navigators will become your best advocate, helping you identify and address informational and social need hurdles that might otherwise not be overcome without experienced help. Kentucky Primary Care Application Navigators link individuals up with resources and go the extra mile to explain complex health coverage things, and are available to help you month after month, year after year.
If you need enrollment assistance, have an upcoming community event where some attendees may benefit from free insurance education, are interested in inviting a Navigator to speak at with your business or at an upcoming community meeting, or if you would like a local Navigator to provide an enrollment event during annual Open Enrollment (November 1 – December 15 yearly), please review the County Navigator List to find the right person working in your county! We have both regional application assisters available at member clinics in South Eastern Kentucky and Connecting Kids to Coverage application specialist available across Kentucky.
If you have any questions or have problems connecting with someone in your area, please contact Carol Adkins, KPCA Community Engagement and Outreach Coordinator at 502-545-8812 or view more options at https://healthbenefitexchange.ky.gov/Pages/index.aspx
Medicaid Managed Care Organization 2021 Open Enrollment FAQs
1. What are the dates of Open Enrollment? November 2 through December 15, 2020.
2. What is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment gives Medicaid members in managed care a chance to change their Managed Care Organization (MCO). Medicaid members are not required to participate in Open Enrollment.
3. What MCOs are available?
- Aetna Better Health of Kentucky
- Anthem Medicaid
- Humana Health Horizons
- Passport Health Plan by Molina Healthcare
- United Healthcare Community Health Plan
- WellCare of Kentucky
4. What if I do nothing during Open Enrollment? You will not lose Medicaid coverage if you are still eligible or if you do not participate in Open Enrollment. You will keep the same MCO.
5. How do I enroll with another MCO? Call 1-855-446-1245 or 1-800-635-2570 between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm to talk with a Medicaid Services Representative or online at www.kynect.ky.gov
6. If I change MCOs during Open Enrollment, when will my coverage start with the new MCO? January 1, 2021
7. I had Passport and heard that someone bought them. Will my insurance change? The new name of your insurance is Passport Health Plan by Molina Healthcare. If you want to stay with them, you do not have to do anything. You will get a new card before January 1, 2021. If you would like to
change MCOs, please call 1-855-446-1245 or 1-800-635-2570 between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm to talk with a
Medicaid Services Representative or online at www.kynect.com.
8. I heard that there was a court case around Kentucky Medicaid. Is there something I need to do?
No. You are able to change your MCO during Open Enrollment if you choose. If you want to stay with your current MCO and are still eligible for Medicaid, you do not have to do anything.
9. Where can I go to get information about the MCOs? See the document that displays each MCO’s value-added benefits. You can also visit their websites or call them. See below:
Aetna Better Health of Kentucky 1-855-300-5528 www.aetnabetterhealth.com/kentucky
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield 1-855-690-7784 www.anthem.com/kymedicaid
Humana Healthy Horizons in Kentucky 1-800-444-9137 www.humana.com/medicaid/kentucky-medicaid
Passport Health Plan by Molina Healthcare 1-844-778-2700 www.PassportHealthPlan.com
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan 1-866-293-1796 www.uhccommunityplan.com/ky
WellCare of Kentucky 1-877-389-9457 www.wellcare.com/Kentucky
10. What if I change my MCO during Open Enrollment and then change my mind? You can change your MCO at any time
during the Open Enrollment period, which is November 2, 2020 to December 15, 2020. You also have 90 days after any
MCO change to choose another MCO.
11. What if I am a foster child? Children in foster care, adoption subsidy, dually committed youth and former foster care
will be part of the new Supporting Kentucky Youth (SKY) program. Aetna is the contracted MCO to serve those
members. Coverage starts on January 1, 2021. Members will be automatically enrolled in Aetna SKY and will receive a