Without health insurance, many are unable to access the health care they need. The Kentucky Primary Care Association (KPCA) is proud of our long partnership with the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange (KHBE) to help Kentuckians gain access to insurance coverage through the kynect Health Benefit Exchange. By connecting with a kynector, formerly called an Application Assister, Kentucky residents can get free application and enrollment assistance and/or education on options and issues affecting applications for both Medicaid, K-CHIP, or Qualified Health Plans through HealthCare.gov.
Our kynectors will become your best advocate, helping you to identify and to address informational and social need hurdles that might otherwise not be overcome without experienced help. KPCA kynectors link individuals up with resources and go the extra mile to explain complex health coverage information, and are available to help you year-round at no cost.
If you need enrollment assistance, have an upcoming community event where attendees may benefit from free insurance education, are interested in inviting a kynector to speak with your business or at an upcoming community meeting, or if you would like a local kynector to provide an enrollment event during annual Open Enrollment (November 1 – December 15 yearly), please review our KPCA kynector by county list to find someone local to help you in-person or over the phone. We have both regional kynectors available at member clinics in South Eastern Kentucky and Connecting Kids to Coverage kynectors (specializing in helping children and parents) available across Kentucky.
If you have any questions or need additional help connecting with someone in your area, please contact Carol Adkins, KPCA Community Engagement and Outreach Coordinator at 502-545-8812 or visit www.KHBE.ky.gov to find a kynector near you.
Medicaid Managed Care Organization 2021 Open Enrollment FAQs
1. What are the dates of Open Enrollment? November 2 through December 15, 2020.
2. What is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment gives Medicaid members in managed care a chance to change their Managed Care Organization (MCO). Medicaid members are not required to participate in Open Enrollment.
3. What MCOs are available?
- Aetna Better Health of Kentucky
- Anthem Medicaid
- Humana Health Horizons
- Passport Health Plan by Molina Healthcare
- United Healthcare Community Health Plan
- WellCare of Kentucky
4. What if I do nothing during Open Enrollment? You will not lose Medicaid coverage if you are still eligible or if you do not participate in Open Enrollment. You will keep the same MCO.
5. How do I enroll with another MCO? Call 1-855-446-1245 or 1-800-635-2570 between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm to talk with a Medicaid Services Representative or online at www.kynect.ky.gov
6. If I change MCOs during Open Enrollment, when will my coverage start with the new MCO? January 1, 2021
7. I had Passport and heard that someone bought them. Will my insurance change? The new name of your insurance is Passport Health Plan by Molina Healthcare. If you want to stay with them, you do not have to do anything. You will get a new card before January 1, 2021. If you would like to
change MCOs, please call 1-855-446-1245 or 1-800-635-2570 between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm to talk with a
Medicaid Services Representative or online at www.kynect.com.
8. I heard that there was a court case around Kentucky Medicaid. Is there something I need to do?
No. You are able to change your MCO during Open Enrollment if you choose. If you want to stay with your current MCO and are still eligible for Medicaid, you do not have to do anything.
9. Where can I go to get information about the MCOs? See the document that displays each MCO’s value-added benefits. You can also visit their websites or call them. See below:
Aetna Better Health of Kentucky 1-855-300-5528 www.aetnabetterhealth.com/kentucky
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield 1-855-690-7784 www.anthem.com/kymedicaid
Humana Healthy Horizons in Kentucky 1-800-444-9137 www.humana.com/medicaid/kentucky-medicaid
Passport Health Plan by Molina Healthcare 1-844-778-2700 www.PassportHealthPlan.com
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan 1-866-293-1796 www.uhccommunityplan.com/ky
WellCare of Kentucky 1-877-389-9457 www.wellcare.com/Kentucky
10. What if I change my MCO during Open Enrollment and then change my mind? You can change your MCO at any time
during the Open Enrollment period, which is November 2, 2020 to December 15, 2020. You also have 90 days after any
MCO change to choose another MCO.
11. What if I am a foster child? Children in foster care, adoption subsidy, dually committed youth and former foster care
will be part of the new Supporting Kentucky Youth (SKY) program. Aetna is the contracted MCO to serve those
members. Coverage starts on January 1, 2021. Members will be automatically enrolled in Aetna SKY and will receive a
KPCA Region 8 Certified Kynectors by County
606-666-9950 ext. 2204
606-216-2117 work cell
606-666-9950 ext. 2204
606-633-4871 ext. 2223
Charlie Havicus Johnson
606-593-6395 ext. 5027
Helen Kay Spencer
Bath, Bourbon, Menifee,
Montgomery, Nicholas, Powell
Sterling Health Care
Carroll, Gallatin, Owen
Triad Health Systems
Caldwell, Daviess, Henderson, Hopkins, McLean, Union, Webster
Tara Tapp Kolodey
Health First Community Health Center
Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc.
KPCA Social Care Platform
Aunt Bertha’s mission is to make human service program information more accessible to those in need in order to help more people reach self-sufficiency. Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find food, health, housing and education programs based on need.
Enter your zip code below to find offerings in your area!