||White House Clinics
||Madison, Estill, Garrard, Rockcastle and Jackson Counties, KY
|Posting Start Date:
|Madison, Estill, Garrard, Rockcastle and Jackson Counties
Pharmacist-Outreach: This is a grant-funded clinical position that entails pharmacy outreach to patients’ homes and at community events. Responsibilities include:
- Confirm patient’s eligibility for vaccination per guidelines, verify previous vaccination history, inform potential side effects and adverse reactions, and answer any questions they have concerning the vaccine.
- Administer COVID-19 vaccine according to the guidelines in the vaccine package insert and provide vaccination card to patient.
- Bill immunizations appropriately.
- Complete documentation of vaccine administration as directed by the supervisor.
- Prepare and disassemble vaccination stations/booths at community events.
- Travel to vaccination sites and patients’ homes to provide COVID-19 vaccination.
- Identify ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Make recommendations to supervisor. Implements and monitors result as appropriate in support of overall goals of the department and WHC.
- Manage flow of COVID-19 vaccination operations and supervise pharmacy staff by directing technicians’ workflow and performing other administrative duties.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develop effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state and private health plans. Seek advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
- Participate in all safety programs, which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
- Perform other duties or services deemed necessary.
- Acknowledge that White House Clinics strives to be a patient-centered medical home and, as such, prescribes to team-based delivery of primary care services. Recognize that the completion of the above- listed duties illustrates the employee’s role in aforementioned team-based care and accept responsibility for being an active member of the team, including identification of quality improvement opportunities.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree
- Minimum Work Experience: N/A
- Required License: Active Kentucky Pharmacy License
- Successful candidates must demonstrate skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment and discretion. Must be able to analyze situations accurately and take effective action while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships. Successful candidates must also be adept at planning and organizing in order to prioritize activities and meet deadlines. Finally, candidates must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a varied audience.
||This listing expires on: 2/16/2023