||White House Clinics
|Posting Start Date:
Delivers patient care services, including assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and coordination, monitoring and evaluation of dental care to individual patients in a variety of settings but primarily in the primary care center. Participates in fulfilling Health Help's mission and in meeting its responsibility to help meet the health needs, more specifically the dental health needs, of the communities in which it operates.
- Provides direct dental services to patients including examination, diagnosis, planning and treatment, and evaluation of progress, emphasizing prevention and phase I treatment completion.
- Reviews and follows-up on all reports of ancillary services provided to patients under his/her care.
- Keeps records that are adequately detailed, truthful, clear and accurate to allow good continuity of patient care and accurate billing (coding of diagnoses, services provided, and charges). Dentist's clinical notations should facilitate another provider's assuming follow-up care. Assures a summary of services given, generally referred to as "health maintenance", is kept up-to-date in individual patient records. Notations should be completed the same day services are provided.
- Remains cognizant of charges to individual patients and families and potential financial burdens. Provides support staff with billing information according to agreed upon procedures relative to all billable services including those provided in settings other than the clinic.
- Demonstrates appropriate work habits which include:
- arriving on time for clinical sessions — unless detained by an emergency, will see patients as close as possible to their appointed times;
- communicates appropriately with patients and providers and returns patient/provider phone calls as promptly as possible;
- utilizing appropriate infection control measures;
- arriving on time for meetings; and
- maintaining appropriate patient confidentiality.
- Cooperates in promoting the team concept of health care delivery. Available for phone consultation for Health Help's medical staff members as needed.
- Keeps a regular schedule of clinic hours. Schedule will be determined by the Dental Director and dentist in conjunction with administration and should include a minimum of 35 hours per week of time when dentist is generally available to provide dental care services to patients.
- Assists Dental Director in the development of training and continuing education opportunities for dental professional and conducting in-service training sessions for support staff.
- Participates in continuing education programs and maintains minimum annual credits to meet Health Help and/or licensure requirements.
- On request, advises Dental Director, Medical Director, Executive Director, or Board of Directors on questions involving dental health matters including matters concerning conduct of professional and support staff, and in assuring quality control and quality improvement in the delivery of dental services.
- Collaborates with Dental Director, Medical Director, Executive Director and other professional staff members in development and periodic updating of standards of care, principles of practice, standing orders, clinical protocols, support staff job descriptions (to delineate responsibilities of each team member), and other dental policies that may be promulgated by Health Help.
- When deemed beneficial to Health Help and mutually agreed upon with other staff, cooperates with professional and allied health training programs in developing on-site training opportunities for their students and residents.
- Assists in recruitment and orientation of new professional and support staff.
- Actively participates in assuring continuing quality control in the delivery of health services to Health Help patients.
- Assists in health care planning. Maintains familiarity with Health Help's mission, goals, and objectives that are relevant to health care and works with Dental Director and professional staff to assure health care objectives are met. Helps assure clinic productivity, efficiency and financial objectives are met.
- Actively works to integrate into the local community's activities, problems, and concerns especially related to health care. As needed or assigned, attends meetings or makes presentations to community groups, associations or other health organizations as Health Help's representative.
- Promotes harmonious interaction of professional staff, support staff and other Health Help employees.
- Cooperates with the Dental Director and/or Medical Director in planning and providing information for his/her own annual performance evaluation. Provides input into evaluation of other health care providers and is involved as necessary or as requested in evaluation process for support staff.
- Attends meetings of Health Help staff as appropriate.
- Maintains unrestricted Kentucky License, DEA certification, and privileges to long-term care facilities.
- Performs related work and assignments as required.
- Provide superior customer service to all patients, external customers (office staff of other offices, hospital, community agencies, etc.), and co-workers. Serves as an ambassador of the White House Clinics in all conversations and interactions with these parties.
- Acknowledges that White House Clinics strive to be a patient-centered medical home and, as such, prescribe to team-based delivery of primary care services. Recognizes that the completion of the above listed duties illustrates the employee's role in aforementioned team-based care and accepts responsibility for being an active member of the team, including identification of quality improvement opportunities.
- Maintains personal compliance with all White House Clinic policies and procedures (OSHA, HIPAA, Standing Orders, etc.)
- Assists with other duties or in other departments as instructed by supervisor.
- Cooperate fully with all aspects of Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Participates in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
- A qualified candidate shall be a dentist, DMD or DDS from an accredited dental school, with a license to practice dentistry in the State of Kentucky.
- Ability to evaluate services, assess needs, and make recommendations regarding quality and efficient work flow patterns.
- Willingness and desire to work as a productive member of health care team and ability to communicate effectively with team members and patients alike.
- Ability to work in a rural setting utilizing available facilities and resources.
- A flexible individual, willing to acknowledge and respect the cultural and social background of Health Help's patients.
- Some knowledge of the operation of a primary care center is desirable.
||This listing expires on: 10/7/2023