$2500 sign-on bonus
In the need to protect our staff and patients, White House Clinics is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires prior to starting employment.
Evening and Weekends
Monday - Friday 3p - 8p
Saturday 10a - 8p
Sunday 12p - 6p
This is an in-office position.
The CMA / Virtual Visit Assistant serves to support telehealth visits providing both technical and administrative support for clinical telehealth visits. The VVA is responsible for real-time telehealth applications support for virtual visits of behavioral health and primary care services. Serves as the primary point of contact and technical assistance for all telehealth activities for the clinic. The VVA is also responsible for ensuring virtual patient access to the care by identifying and responding to patient needs. Managing patient demographic and contact information is high priority during all patient contacts.
- Monitors provider schedules for telehealth visits and coordinates visit coverage with coworkers.
- Connects to the telehealth visit prior to the patient joining, maintains availability via phone to assist patients in connecting to the virtual visit.
- Greets all patients and visitors promptly and pleasantly. Explains policies to patients and distributes patient information sheets, when appropriate.
- Ensures the patient has established a good connection to the virtual application with appropriate audio/video capabilities. Troubleshoots technical issues and offers solutions to improve connection and/or provides alternative options if good connection cannot be obtained.
- Orients patients to the OTTO application, ensures that the patient is comfortable with all available tools within the application. Provides a brief overview to the patient of how the visit process will occur.
- Ensures that the patient is in a comfortable, private, well-lit and quiet setting for the duration of the visit. Ensures that the patient is physically located within the state of Kentucky prior to the provider joining the call.
- Completes check-in process for the patient appointment, updating clerical information on all established patients. Always verifies the following information during each patient visit:
- Patient Name
- Phone Number
- Patient Primary Care Provider
- Insurance Coverage
- Initiates the intake process in the EHR for the visit, documenting the following:
- Preferred Pharmacy
- Tobacco Use
- PQ Screening
- Determines if the patient has equipment available for measuring their vital signs (scale, thermometer, blood pressure cuff, pulse ox, etc.). Instructs the patient how to properly obtain their vital signs and documents the reported readings in the patient chart.
- Notifies the provider when the check-in and intake processes are complete that the patient is ready. Changes the workflow status in the EHR to Ready for Service.
- Maintains availability for further assistance during the patient visit if provider or patient have technical issues.
- Upon the conclusion of the visit, monitors provider orders for patient follow-up orders. Schedules or enters recall as appropriate.
- Provides superior customer service to all patients, external customers (office staff of other offices, hospital, community agencies, etc.), and co-workers. Serves as an ambassador of the White House Clinics in all conversations and interactions with these parties.
- Assists with other duties or in other departments as instructed by supervisor.
- Acknowledges that White House Clinics strive to be a patient-centered medical home and, as such, prescribe to team-based delivery of primary care services. Recognizes that the completion of the above listed duties illustrates the employee's role in aforementioned team-based care and accepts responsibility for being an active member of the team, including identification of quality improvement opportunities.
- Employees are responsible are for maintaining a thorough understanding of their role in the following protocols and as protocols are updated periodically employees are expected to remain current on any updates.
- Sliding fee
- Patient Registration
- Scheduling Guidelines
- Canceling or Rescheduling an Appointment
- Same Day Appointment Scheduling
- Answering Telephone Call Protocol
- Patient Right to Confidential Communications
- Recall Plans
Completion of an accredited program for medical assisting or nursing program
Minimum Work Experience
Minimum 1 year medical office experience preferred.
Current Kentucky Nursing license or Certification/Registration for medical assisting
Basic Life Support Certification