||White House Clinics
|Posting Start Date:
Managing all aspects of the billing department. Ensure that patient claims are effectively processed to the appropriate source, such as: Private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and Self Pay. This involves remittance, advice, customer courtesy and filing.
Accountable to the Team Lead & Billing Manager. Responsible for keeping the Billing Manager informed of billing department activities, and of problems that may arise.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and submit clean claims electronically or by paper to various insurance companies.
- Work directly with the insurance company, healthcare provider, and patient to get claims processed and paid.
- Review and appeal unpaid and denied claims.
- Answer patient questions on patient responsible portions, co-pays, deductibles etc.
- Resolve patient complaints or explain why certain services are not covered.
- Prepare and send patient statements thru NextGen.
- Complete departmental filing of EOB’s and reports.
- Perform various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Process payments from insurance companies.
- Work with patients to establish budget plans for unpaid balances.
- Process refunds for patients and insurance companies.
- Complete credentialing and re-credentialing of providers as needed.
- Assist with other duties or in other departments as instructed by supervisor.
- Provide superior customer service to all patients, external customers (office staff of other offices, hospital, community agencies, etc.), and co-workers. Serves as an ambassador of the White House Clinics in all conversations and interactions with these parties.
- Acknowledges that White House Clinics strive to be a patient-centered medical home and, as such, prescribe to team-based delivery of primary care services. Recognizes that the completion of the above listed duties illustrates the employee’s role in aforementioned team-based care and accepts responsibility for being an active member of the team, including identification of quality improvement opportunities.
- Maintain personal compliance with all White House Clinic policies and procedures (OSHA, HIPAA, Standing Orders, etc.)
- Cooperate fully with all aspects of Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Participate in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED Required
Post-secondary education or prior billing experience preferred
||This listing expires on: 6/25/2023