The Kentucky Primary Care Association operates a messenger-style Independent Practice Association (IPA), which contracts with Medicaid Managed Care Organizations, Medicare and commercial payors on behalf of KPCA members. The IPA aims to create a high performing preferred provider network with financially stable membership providing cost effective, high quality patient centered primary care.
IPA participating clinics can “opt in” (participate) or “opt out” (not participate) of any contract. Contracts KPCA negotiates include a range of incentives for quality, Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition, control of medical services spending, as well as delegated credentialing to expedite enrollment with most health plans.
The benefits of participating in the IPA:
- Contracting with health plans for Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and commercial products
- Negotiated rates and gain share opportunities
- Pay-for-performance and pay-for-quality incentive programs
- Delegated credentialing
- Weekly communications to keep you up-to-date on contracts, incentives and other IPA issues
- Online reporting of claims data for your organization
- Training and technical assistance to help your practice maximize revenue and improve quality
- Assistance with the 340B Rx program
- The IPA supports a team of Quality Improvement Specialists who work directly with clinics to help them review HEDIS and incentive quality measures to help you achieve the targeted measures for incentive payments.
The IPA provides assistance on achievement of initial recognition and ongoing maintenance of PCMH through the Kentucky REC and through individualized consultation from a KPCA National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) reviewer/expert for clinics.