KPCA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Taskforce
Health equity for all. This important statement serves as the vision guiding our work. As the Kentucky Primary Care Association and our member community health centers collaborate together to transform the healthcare system and towards achieving this vision, the KPCA is intentionally building an internal culture that celebrates and fosters Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
KPCA’s 3 initial goals toward broader goal of health equity
1. Educate and mitigate the impact of implicit bias with KPCA BOD and staff
2. Provide implicit bias education to all clinics
3. Increase the number of learners in clinics from historically underrepresented groups.
Steps taken to reach these initial goals:
· KPCA has partnered with Rali, a behavior centered learning platform to develop a customized Journey to Health Equity. Rali goes beyond other learning solutions with a community driven experience designed to transform behaviors and accelerate change.
· The KPCA DEI Taskforce joined a learning collaborative with the National Health Care for the Homeless Council on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion along with 9 other PCAs across the country.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion resources: